We are closed for the season.
If the barn door is open stop in for winter squash and pumpkins (a few left) or call first.
There were a couple of things that could have caused us to have such a light crop and run out of apples so early. We feel the first two were the main reason.
- Were the trees dormant in late November and December when the temperature was in the teens?
- Because of the heavy snowfall this past winter there was a lot of deer damage to our apple trees.
- Did we thin the apples too much?
- Did we not thin enough last year? (see the link above)
What we offer
- Pick Your Own
- Apples, Pears, Raspberries and Flowers
- In Our Store
- Apples, Tomatoes, Cucumbers and other vegetables
- Honey Bee Mine and local Honey
- Apple Gate Deer Farm Venison
- Twin Maples Farm Maple Syrup
- Cider (around Labor Day)
- Capt Jack's Cider Donuts
- Dried Flowers
- Pumpkins and gourds
- Indian Corn, Corn Stalks and Hay Bales
- Pick, pack and ship a healthy gift of fruit! Or, let us do it for you!
- Ship donuts to a loved one or a friend
- Things to do
- Farm Animal display area, Fairy Village, Corn Maze and picnic areas
- Miles of trails for hiking
- Hay Rides (Labor Day - Columbus Day, weekends and Holidays, 10am-4pm, weather permitting)
- Capt Jacks Donut Shack (open Labor Day weekend, weekends and Holidays)
- School groups and organizations or have a Birthday Party with us
- Geocaches on the property (outside the orchards)